- Maintains a partnership with the HAY Center to enrich the lives of current and former foster youth.
- Organizes an annual holiday party with gifts, food, a visit from Santa, family-friendly activities, and more.
- Assists in the Prom Event by requesting formal wear donations and volunteering at the event.
- Conducts a series of legal presentations throughout the year to educate the youth about their rights and responsibilities.
Help local foster teens look and feel their best for prom!
Every year the HAY Center hosts a prom readiness event for foster youth. We want foster youth to have normal high school experiences including attending their high school prom. This event makes sure they have everything they need to feel special the night of their prom. Youth shop with volunteers from a variety of donated, gently-used prom clothing so they are able to wear exactly what they want and leave ready for the big event.
All items listed below can be donated new or gently-used, except for those marked with an asterisk (*), which must be donated new. Please consider donating:
- Prom dresses (all sizes and styles, especially sizes 14-26)
- Jewelry and hair accessories
- Evening bags
- Ladies' evening shoes (all sizes and styles)
- Nail polish*
- Men's white dress shirts* (all sizes)
- Neckties/bow ties
- Dark-colored dress socks*
- Men's dress shoes (all sizes and styles)
- Gift cards to K&G or Men's Wearhouse
- Gift cards to TJ Maxx, Ross, or Marshalls
- $25 gift cards to chain restaurants with nearby locations
- Cash or check made to the HAY Center with "Prom Event" in the memo
Deliver items by Friday, March 23 to The HAY Center reception desk.
If you would like to volunteer as a "shopping" advisor, tailor, makeup/hair stylist, etiquette coach, or dance instructor, contact Danielle Dempster at firstname.lastname@example.org or (832) 927-7015. For all other questions, contact Mary Green at email@example.com or (832) 927-7002.
Thank you, donors and volunteers, for making the 2019 HAY Center Holiday Party magical!
M. Scott Michelman, Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
Phyllis Ocean, Law Office of Phyllis Ocean, PLLC
For more information on this committee, contact Bonnie Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org or (713) 759-1133.